NCWIT resources for CSed Week
The below was in Lucy Sanders’ message to NCWIT participants for CSEd week. It’s a really nice set of resources for CS education in general.
- A complete library of facts, reports, posters, presentations, videos, contests, and more based on your needs at csedweek.org.
- America’s Got Talent but Not Enough Is Going into Computer Science describes the rationale for and a description of CS Principles, a new Advanced Placement computing course in development by NSF and the College Board, designed to be engaging, inspiring and rigorous.
- By the Numbers offers the most compelling statistics on women’s participation in IT, on a single page.
- Computer Science-in-a-Box: Unplug Your Curriculum introduces fundamental building blocks of computer science — without using computers.
- Gotta Have IT is an all-in-one computing resource kit designed with K-12 educators’ needs in mind and is especially inclusive of girls.
- Moving Beyond Computer Literacy: Why Schools Should Teach Computer Science, co-branded with the Computer Science Teachers Association (CSTA) andthe Association for Computing Machinery (ACM), provides information about the value of computer science curriculum for students, educators, local and national economies as well as global society.
- Why Should Young Women Consider a Career in Information Technology? gives adults talking points and additional resources for a conversation with young people about what the IT career has to offer and how to prepare for it.