2014 Annual CSTA Conference — reserve your place
I’ve mentioned before that Yasmin Kafai and Michael Kölling will be keynoters there. Barbara and I will also be there, offering a MediaComp Python workshop.
2014 CSTA Annual Conference
July 14-15, 2014 Pheasant Run Resort, St. Charles, Illinois
The CSTA annual conference is a professional development opportunity for computer science and information technology teachers who need practical, classroom-focused information to help them prepare their students for the future.
- Explore issues and trends relating directly to your classroom
- Learn, network and interact
- Choose from various workshops and breakout sessions
Some of this year’s session topics include:
- Advanced Placement Computer Science
- Computational Thinking
- Increasing Enrollment in Computer Science
- Yasmin Kafai, Professor of learning sciences at the University of Pennsylvania.
- Michael Kölling, Professor at the School of Computing, University of Kent, in Canterbury, UK.
Pre-registration is required and will be accepted for the first 500 teachers. The registration deadline is June 26, 2014. Also, please note that you must complete the payment portion of the online form in order to be fully registered for the conference!
Thanks to the generous donations of our sponsors, the registration fee of $75 (+$60 per workshop) includes lunch, resource materials, and a closing session raffle. The 2014 CSTA Annual Conference is made possible by the generous support of Oracle and Universal Technical Institute.
Please note that all workshops are “bring your own laptop” and that workshop registration is limited to 30-40 participants; so be sure to register early to get your workshop choice.
Register at: www.cstaconference.org
For more information contact: firstname.lastname@example.org