Call for Participants for ICER 2015 Doctoral Consortium: Come join us!
The ICER 2015 Doctoral Consortium provides an opportunity for doctoral students studying computing education to explore and develop their research interests in a workshop environment with a panel of established researchers. We invite students to apply for this opportunity to share their work with students in a similar situation as well as senior researchers in the field.
Applicants to the Doctoral Consortium should have begun their research, but should not have completed it in its entirety. We want people who have questions to raise with their peers and the more senior mentors. Someone who is all-but-defended probably does not want to be raising any questions.
DC Co-Chairs for 2015:
Mark Guzdial, Georgia Institute of Technology
Anthony Robins, University of Otago, New Zealand
Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
The DC has the following objectives:
- Provide a supportive setting for feedback on students’ research and research direction
- Offer each student comments and fresh perspectives on their work from researchers and students outside their own institution
- Promote the development of a supportive community of scholars
- Support a new generation of researchers with information and advice on research and academic career paths
- Contribute to the conference goals through interaction with other researchers and conference events
The DC will be held on Sunday, August 9 2015. Students at any stage of their doctoral studies are welcome to apply and attend. The number of participants is limited to 15. Applicants who are selected will receive a limited partial reimbursement of travel, accommodation and subsistence (i.e., food) expenses of $600 (USD).
- Wednesday 20th May – initial submission
- Monday 1st June – notification of acceptance
- Monday 15th June – camera ready copy due
You can find more information on applying at http://icer.hosting.acm.org/icer-2015/doctoral-consortium/