Call for Participants: ICER Doctoral Consortium, Sept 8th, Melbourne, Australia
The ICER 2016 Doctoral Consortium provides an opportunity for doctoral students studying computing education to explore and develop their research interests in a supportive workshop environment with a panel of established researchers. We invite students to apply for this opportunity to share their work with students in a similar situation as well as senior researchers in the field.
Applicants to the Doctoral Consortium should have begun their research, but should not have completed it. We want people who have questions to raise with their peers and the more senior mentors, and who still have time to respond to and use the feedback in their research.
DC Co-Chairs for 2016:
Anthony Robins, University of Otago, New Zealand
Ben Shapiro, University of Colorado, USA
Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
The DC has the following objectives:
- Provide participants a supportive setting for feedback on their research
- Offer participants comments and fresh perspectives from outside their own institution
- Promote the development of a supportive community of scholars
- Support a new generation of researchers with information and advice on research and academic career paths
- Contribute to the conference goals through interaction with other researchers and conference events
The DC will be held on Thursday, September 8, 2016 (prior to the main ICER conference, in Melbourne, Australia). Students at any stage of their doctoral studies are welcome to apply and attend. The number of participants is limited to 15. Applicants who are selected will receive a limited partial reimbursement of travel, accommodation and subsistence (i.e., food) expenses of $600 (USD). An extra $200 may be available for participants with travel expenses greatly exceeding the standard support.
- Friday 20th May – initial submission
- Friday 3rd June – notification of acceptance
- Friday 17th June – camera ready copy due
You can find more information on applying athttps://icer.hosting.acm.org/icer-2016/doctoral-consortium/