About Computing Education Blog
Computing Education Research is about how people come to understanding computing, and how we can facilitate that understanding. I am Mark Guzdial, a professor in the School of Interactive Computing at Georgia Institute of Technology. I am a researcher in computing education. See more about me at http://www.cc.gatech.edu/~mark.guzdial and my work at http://www.mediacomputation.org and http://www.gacomputes.org.
I have written several blog posts about Computing Education: What it is, and what some of the research questions are in Computing Education.
- Defining: What does it mean to understand computing?
- Blog Post #999: Research Questions in Computing Education
- Blog Post #1000: The Magic of Time — about making beer and reform
- Brief Trip Report on ICER 2012: Answering the global needs for computing education research
- We Need an Economic Study on Lost Productivity from Poor Computing Education
- Learnable Programming: Thinking about Programming Languages and Systems in a New Way
- MOOCs are a fundamental misperception of how teaching works